One of the most crucial aspects of enrolling international students wishing to study abroad is post-graduation career benefits. International grads can obtain significant work experience, but they may also be sufficient to reimburse student loans and establish a global network of friends and acquaintances. Overseas students can find good post-study career prospects in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States. This blog post examines international students' career opportunities to apply to universities in these four studies abroad.


1.      Temporary Graduate Visa in Australia Australia's outstanding educational institutions is placed amidst some of the world's most magnificent natural settings, as well as lively, cosmopolitan cities. After finishing their education, international students can reside and employ in Australia thanks to their Temporary Graduate Visa. There are two types of Temporary Graduate Visas: 


  • Post-Study Work Stream - (Time Frame: Up to 4 Years)


The Post-Study Work Stream is for overseas students who have received a degree from a registered course within the last six months.


  • Graduate Work Stream – (Up to 18 months in length)


The Graduate Work Stream is for overseas students who have just completed their studies and have experience and competencies that are in high demand throughout Australia. You must hold a "certification relevant to a profession on the skilled occupation list" and have registered for a skills assessment to be qualified for this program.

Applicants must have been on a student visa for the previous six months. You can reside and work in Australia for up to 18 months if your application is accepted. The stream to which you apply to universities will be determined by the nature of your education and the job position you seek.


2.   Canada: Post-Graduation Work Permit (Time Frame: Up to 3 Years)

Canada is one of the world's most culturally diverse countries and one of the friendliest. It's no surprise that the country's foreign student population is being told that "we don't only want you to educate here; we want you to live here." One of the advantages of pursuing higher education in Canada is the post-graduation work permit (PGWP). If you undertake a program of study at a recognized institution in Canada, you may be entitled to a PGWP effective for up to three years. Graduates with a PGWP can do the following:


  • Full-time employment

  • Part-time work

  • Be your own boss.


3.   Graduate Immigration in the United Kingdom (Duration of Route: 2 or 3 Years (Ph.D. Graduate))

The United Kingdom, home to some of the oldest known English-speaking universities, yearly attracts over 500,000 international students, many of whom are keen to stay after graduation! With that in heart, on July 1, 2021, registrations for the UK's two-year post-study work visa will open. Overseas students completing in the summer of 2021 are the first group to be qualified for the Graduate Immigration Route.


4.   United States: Post-Completion Optional Practical Training (OPT) (Time Frame: 12 Months (+24-Month Extension for STEM Students))


The United States, which is residence to half of the world's best colleges, is one of the most highly sought destinations for international students. Optional Practical Training is a program that provides temporary employment to students who study on an F-1 Student Visa (OPT). OPT benefits from an F-1 visa, not a different work visa or visa category, unlike most other overseas study locations. A student can apply to university for OPT while still enrolled in school (known as pre-completion OPT) or after graduating (known as post-completion OPT). 


The Final Verdict


For a student, living overseas may be one of the most gaining experiences. Students can study in a distant country and experience the charm and culture of a different culture by studying abroad. These four countries provide fantastic opportunities, and to find out more about them, feel free to visit