The Catholic University of the West (UCO) is more than 145 years old. Originally founded in 1373, it was later reopened in 1875, and has a current student population of 12,000. The campus is situated in downtown Angers, a mere five-minute walk from the station and the nearest bus stops; it lies just minutes away from the main shopping area, restaurants, gardens, banks and administrative offices. The university campus boasts an unusual architectural blend of old and contemporary buildings, standing in a 5-hectare park.
- French national degrees: undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Guaranteed a personalized follow-up, small classes with individual supervision.
- High exam pass rate: success rates at the end of the third year of the bachelor is 93%, graduation rate for the bachelor three years of 67% (Compared to public universities 27%)
- High rate of work placements.
- Open to the world: with 180 partner universities around the world, UCO offers all students the opportunity to go abroad, as part of an internship or a semester of study in order to boost their careers.
- Spiritual life: diverse activities offered by Catholic Campus Ministry.
- Student accommodation service: wide choice of bed-sits, home-stay or family accommodation, halls of residence or flats.
- 2 university restaurants within walking distance, food and refreshments available on campus.
- Cultural activities and sports: drama society, international choir, film club as well as table-tennis, volleyball, basketball and more.
FIELDS OF STUDY
- Humanities (Literature, languages, teaching French as a foreign language, fine-arts, history, music.)
- Humanities and Social Sciences (Psychology, sociology, human resources management, communication, management.)
- Sciences (Mathematics, computer science, statistics, biology, environmental studies.)
- Law, Economics and Commerce
- Theology and religious studies.